Niles Berman concentrates his practice in energy and telecommunications law. Mr. Berman represents cooperatively-organized electric utilities serving rural areas of Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. Niles has practiced with the firm of Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C., since 1975
Mr. Berman serves as general counsel for Dairyland Power Cooperative, and he represents other rural electric cooperatives in Wisconsin. He has also served as independent counsel in connection with investigations conducted by boards of similar organizations. Mr. Berman is the immediate past president of the national association of generation and transmission cooperative lawyers. In the telecommunications field, Mr. Berman represents competitive telecommunications carriers in state regulatory and associated litigation in Wisconsin. He is designated one of the Best Lawyers in America in the field of energy law for the past 21 years.
- Immediate Past President of the National Generation & Transmission Lawyers Association.
- Formerly served on NRECA’s national lawyers committee.
- Past Chairman of the Board of the Wisconsin State Bar’s Energy and Telecommunications Section.
- Past President of the Friends of Wisconsin Public Television.
- Current Board member of the Wisconsin Public Radio Association.
- Past President and continuing Board member of Temple Beth El Madison.
- Past President and continuing Board member of Options in Community Living, Inc.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, 1975
- University of Cincinnati, B.A., Magna cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 1972
- Member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and American Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in the State of Wisconsin Courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit