Justin W. Chasco
Justin Chasco advises electric, telecommunications, and other companies in regulatory matters and commercial transactions. Justin guides clients through transactions and regulatory proceedings related to electric, natural gas, and water service. Justin is the former Chair of the Public Utilities Section of the Wisconsin State Bar.
Justin joined Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C. as associate attorney in 2007; left the firm in 2010 to serve in the Office of General Counsel of the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin. He rejoined Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C. in 2015, and became a Shareholder of the firm in 2016.
Justin helps clients define and achieve their strategic goals before state public utilities commissions, independent system operators, environmental regulators, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Justin has significant experience in the development and permitting of large electric infrastructure, territorial disputes between electric providers, holding company and affiliated interest regulation, and the formation or purchase of public utilities.
Justin has successfully represented clients before the Supreme Court of Wisconsin, the Minnesota Supreme Court, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, federal courts, and trial courts throughout Wisconsin.
- Board of Directors, Wisconsin State Bar Public Utilities Section
- Member 2017 to present
- Chair of the Board 2019 to present
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, 2007, magna cum laude.
- Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Lead Articles Editor 2006-2007, Staff Writer 2005-2006.
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
- Admitted to practice in the Courts of the State of Wisconsin and State of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals (7th Circuit)
- United States District Courts (Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin)