Jessica J. Shrestha
Ms. Shrestha concentrates her practice on real property law, environmental law, representation of electric cooperatives and business transactions.
Ms. Shrestha joined Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C. in 2011, and became a Shareholder of the firm in 2016.
Jessica’s work includes representing property owners in boundary disputes and adverse possession matters, resolving title issues, working on easement and right-of-way transactions, assisting clients with environmental regulatory issues, advising electric cooperatives on a variety of matters, and involvement in stray voltage and other liability litigation.
Jessica has written articles on the law of adverse possession in Wisconsin and has been actively involved with legislation on the topic. Jessica is a frequent presenter on real property law matters including adverse possession and on issues relating to electric cooperative management and governance.
Prior to joining Wheeler, Van Sickle & Anderson, S.C., Jessica was engaged in private practice in Madison in the areas of employment law, insurance law and general litigation. Jessica also served as an extern at the Wisconsin Department of Justice, and as a law clerk at the Madison City Attorney’s Office.
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Bar Association
- Elected to State Bar of Wisconsin Real Property, Probate and Trust Section Board of Directors in 2016
- Received 2014 Up and Coming Lawyers Award, Wisconsin Law Journal
- Author, An End to the Doctrine of Adverse Possession in Wisconsin?, WisBar InsideTrack, November 2015
- Author, Wait! Is That My Land? More on Adverse Possession, Wisconsin Lawyer, July 2015
- Author, Hey! That’s my land! Understanding Adverse Possession, Wisconsin Lawyer, March 2010
- Changes to the Law of Adverse Possession, 2016 Annual Real Estate Update, State Bar of Wisconsin, October 6-7, 2016
- Dealing With Utility Easements, 2016 Annual Real Estate Update, State Bar of Wisconsin, October 6-7, 2016
- Adverse Possession & Trespass, Get Off My Lawn: Handling Property Disputes, State Bar of Wisconsin, April 28, 2016
- Adverse Possession, This is Your Land?, State Bar of Wisconsin, April 28, 2016
- Adverse Possession, The Basics, Wisconsin Land Title Association, April 19, 2016
- Common Easement Issues Cooperatives Face, 2016 Legal Update, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, March 16, 2016
- Wage and Hour Issues, 2015 HR Legal Update, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, May 8, 2015
- Determining Land Ownership and Access Rights, Understanding Riparian and Water Rights, HalfMoon Education, Inc., September 18, 2014
- Social Media & Changing Workforce Issues, 2014 HR Legal Update, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, May 15, 2014
- Right-of-Way Issues, 2014 Legal Update, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, March 19, 2014
- Primer on Consumer Lending Laws that May Impact Cooperative Practices, 2014 Legal Update, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, March 19, 2014
- Consumer Lending, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, April 10, 2013
- Easements, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, September 6, 2012
- Evaluation Standards for Employee Physical and Mental Information, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, April 4, 2012
- Social Media and the Workplace, Wisconsin Electric Cooperative Association, October 5, 2011
- The Law of Adverse Possession and Prescriptive Easements in Wisconsin, Dane County Bar Association, February 22, 2011
- Proving, Defending and Avoiding Adverse Possession Claims, State Bar of Wisconsin, August 18, 2010
- University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude, 2009
- Beloit College, Beloit, WI, Bachelor of Liberal Arts, majoring in modern languages and international relations, 2003
- State Bar of Wisconsin; Admitted to practice in 2009
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin